Due to the vulnerability to a wide range of hazards, the CEMP was developed using a risked based hazard analysis. The BASIC PLAN is all-hazard in scope while later sections of the CEMP provide specific guidance to some of the University's most likely hazards. The University's vulnerabilities are listed below by hazard category.
- Pandemics & Infectious Disease
Accidental Technological Hazards:
- Utility/Telecommunication Failures
- Hazardous Material Spills/Releases
- Radiological Release – Transportation and Turkey Point Power Plant
- Document Retention
- Major Vehicle Accidents
Intentional Human-Generated Hazards:
- Active Shooters
- Civil Disturbances/Demonstrations/Riots
- Cyber Security
- Other Terrorism Incidents
Hazard Specific Plans
Hazard Specific Plans should cover the phases of emergency management: Preparation and Prevention, Detection and Analysis, Response (Containment or Eradication), Recovery and Mitigation, Post Incident and Continuity.