Student Health Services Hurricane Preparedness
Phase 1 - Preparation
Student Health Services will maintain the following:
- Immunization inventory. With the summer months approaching, begin to reduce the inventory of vaccinations to only those needed for clinical rotations for the University’s Podiatric, Nursing and PA students ( Hepatitis B, PPD’s, Varicella, Tdap).
- List of patients with chronic medical conditions requiring monthly medication.
Phase 2 - Monitoring Mode
- Continue quality assessment of temperature logs and inventory management for vaccines. During this phase NO vaccines will be ordered. Verify generator back up.
- Contact high risk students and provide early renewals for prescriptive medication(s).
Phase 3 - Preparedness
- 72 Hours Pre-Storm - Same as above
- 48 Hours Pre-Storm - Same as above
- 24 Hours Pre-Storm - Same as above
Phase 4 - Arrival of Storm
- SHS is closed per University’s Policy. Vaccine refrigerators are dependent on the backup generator.
Phase 5 - Recovery Mode
1 - 2 Hours Post Storm
- If possible confirm generator power. If the vaccine refrigerator has been without power, it is important to ascertain the amount of time the power was off, in-order calculate the viability of those vaccines.