To be considered for full acceptance to a degree program, a graduate applicant must:
- Submit proof of a bachelor's degree from an institution which is regionally accredited or internationally recognized.
- Submit a completed application form with a $30.00 nonrefundable application fee (waived for Barry alumni). The application form may be downloaded from www.barry.edu, printed out, and submitted. Some graduate schools also have an on-line application that can be submitted electronically. The application fee for the graduate electronic applications can be submitted under separate cover. A paper application can be obtained by contacting the Office of Admissions.
- Submit a statement of purpose (goals) or career narrative statement as required by the specific school.
- Provide complete official transcripts from each college or university attended. Transcripts in the applicant's possession will not be accepted unless in an official envelope sealed by the institution issuing the transcript. An applicant whose degree has not yet been posted may submit a letter, on official letterhead, from the dean of the institution, verifying completion of degree requirements, until the official transcript reflecting degree is submitted.
- Provide the required recommendations in support of graduate study (see specific application form).
- Supply current admission entrance examination scores, as required by the individual school. Contact the Office of Graduate Admissions for specific requirements.
- Submit any additional information required by the Office of Admissions or the individual school.
Permanent Resident Status
When a student has permanent resident status, the Alien Registration Receipt Card ("green card") must be presented to the Office of Admissions with the application.'
You must submit a TOEFL/IELTS examination score if your university/college degree is from an institution in which English is not the language of instruction.
There are two versions of the TOEFL:
- The paper-based test score ranges from 310 to 677. Barry University requires 550 at the graduate level.
- The Internet-based test (iBT) score ranges from 0 to 120. Barry University requires require 79 at the graduate level.
- Barry University requires a 6.5 on the IELTS.
A guest student is defined as a person who wishes to take credits at Barry University for the purpose of transferring these credits back to the institution in which they are matriculated. Guest students at Barry must submit a Barry University application, pay the application fee, and present a letter from the dean or department chair of the institution in which they are enrolled as a degree-seeking student, stating that they are in good standing.