The Division of Extended Learning provides each student with an academic advisor who assists the student in attaining educational goals and fulfilling Barry University requirements.
Academic advisors aid students by
- Helping prospective students to define their educational goals, select a program of study, and apply to the University
- Working with students to select appropriate coursework in accordance with program requirements
- Assisting students in the portfolio process
- Referring students to appropriate institutional services and resources when applicable
- Assessing student progress in accordance with university requirements for degree completion
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences endeavors to achieve quality academic advisement for each student. It also incorporates student participation and responsibility in this endeavor. The Student Bulletin states the following:
While Barry University provides academic advising, the responsibility for planning individual programs rests with the students. Students are expected to become familiar with the policies of the University, the Andreas School of Business.