The Purchasing Department is responsible for the central procurement of supplies, furniture and other items for the campus community. The Purchasing sector is also responsible for service contracts, equipment leases and repairs. All expenditures of University Funds must be necessary, reasonable and directly related to the goals and mission of the University. Budget Managers are responsible for monitoring their budgets carefully and making sure the availability of funds are sufficient to pay for any goods or services before submitting a requisition. They are also responsible for assuring that correct object codes are utilized. Items submitted with insufficient funds will be returned to the sending department.
The Mission of the Purchasing Department is to provide quality and effective services that will aid all of the various campus departments in their endeavors. We strive:
- To provide services in an environment characterized by the professionalism and effectiveness of a caring and friendly staff
- To work cooperatively with University administrators, faculty, and staff, and to assure that their department needs are met in a timely matter
- To educate and inform the Barry Community of policies and procedures so that orders and requests can be processed more efficiently
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm, except on designated University holidays.
Invoices to be sent via mail must be addressed as follows: All invoices are to be sent to the Barry University, Accounts Payable Department, 11300 NE 2nd Avenue, Miami, Fl. 33161 A valid Purchase Order number must appear on all invoices, correspondence, labels, packages, and shipping papers.
Invoices will also be accepted electronically if sent to APinvoices@barry.edu. In order to expedite your payment, for both methods, please include the following information on the Invoice:
- Company name and address
- Company contact information
- Invoice number and date
- PURCHASE ORDER #
- Job number (where applicable)
- Detailed line items of Goods/Services provided
- Invoices with missing information will be returned
Only purchase orders or a valid purchase card (Amex) commit the university to pay for goods or services.