Prerequisite: Three reading courses (undergraduate or graduate; 9 semester hours).
Reading courses other than those listed below are required to meet State of Florida DOE certification in Reading and are offered as part of the program sequence.
Required Courses (9 semester hours)
- EDR 708 Directed Research
- EDU 717 Practicum in Reading or EDU 727 Advanced Practicum in Reading
- EDU 739 Non-Thesis Research in Reading or EDU 740 Thesis Research in Reading
Elective Courses (21 semester hours)
- EDU 535 The Teaching of Language Arts
- EDU 554 Literature for the Elementary Classroom
- EDU 604 Teaching Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension
- EDU 607 Beginning Reading for the Primary Years
- EDU 611 Reading and Thinking Skills
- EDU 612 Teaching Reading to Secondary, College, and Adult Students
- EDU 613 Methods for the Reading Resource Teacher
- EDU 716 Advanced Diagnosis and Remediation in Reading
- EDU 718 Developmental Reading
- ECT 676 Technology Applications in Teaching Reading
Please see additional offerings on the course descriptions page.
Note: A maximum of six graduate semester-hours may be transferred from another regionally accredited college or university toward a graduate degree in education, depending upon grade earned, equivalency, and applicability. Courses accepted in lieu of any of the above must be approved by the advisor and the Office of the Dean.