Barry's Reading MS program meets the demand for highly-qualified teachers of Reading. You will find that our graduate reading courses present evidence-based best practices for teaching and learning strategies. Classes are taught in small settings by full-time professors who represent a broad and deep knowledge of reading education.
Designed for Working Professionals
All courses are offered in the evening. Most courses meet once a week for eight or sixteen weeks. Summer courses meet in a ten or twelve week format.
Most students complete the program in less than two years while continuing to teach.
This program is state-approved. This means that, upon completion of the program, you are eligible for the State of Florida Reading Certification. The Florida Sunshine State Standards, Competencies and Skills, as well as the Accomplished Practices, are reflected in the Reading program's content.
What Can I Do With This Degree?
Barry students and graduates achieve recognition and a high degree of success at all levels, K-12, as:
- Reading teachers
- Reading resource leaders
- Reading coaches and team leaders
- Reading lab teachers
- Reading and language art supervisors
- District reading leaders
- Corrective and remedial reading experts
- Content area literacy experts
- Response to Intervention (RTI)
- Response to Intervention coordinators
- Response to Intervention district leaders
- Response to Intervention coaches and resource leaders