• Create admissions profile
  • Check on application status
Connect with us

What is an SSP Degree?

An SSP (Specialist in School Psychology) is an advanced graduate degree, beyond a master's degree.

What if I already have a master's degree?

Many students earn both a Master of Science in School Psychology and a Specialist in School Psychology degree in this program. However, if you already have a master's degree in a related field (such as mental health counseling or special education), a program advisor will work with you to develop a customized course sequence. This will enable you to reduce the total number of credits needed to graduate.

What is the difference between SSP and EdS?

If you are comparing different universities, you might have seen similar programs that lead to an EdS degree.

SSP and EdS are both specialist degrees beyond a master's degree. School districts recognize both the SSP and the EdS as specialist degrees.

Oh oh ....

We are sorry but it appears that JavaScript is disabled on your browser.
Our site is very interactive and it requires JavaScript to be enabled.
Click on the link below for instructions on how to enable JavaScript on your browser.

Enable JavaScript on your browser