How to Become a Member
The Barry Chapter of Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society encourages applications for membership from active student and faculty researchers in the following disciplines within the pure and applied natural sciences:
- Life and agricultural sciences
- Physical sciences
- Behavioral sciences
- Medical sciences
- Computer Science
Applications are due by February 1 each year.
Benefits of membership:
- Becoming a member of a community of multidisciplinary researchers
- Professional development and networking opportunities
- Opportunities to mentor emerging researchers
- Science outreach opportunities
- Grants-in-Aid of research funding opportunities
Eligibility criteria for membership:
- Membership requires nomination by two Sigma Xi members. In the event that there is only one nominator, the chapter EC can serve as the second nominator.
- Individuals seeking membership should display promise as researchers, having conducted research and presented their work at a scientific conference (associate membership) or should have made scholarly contributions to their field of study in the form of published abstracts and/or journal articles (full membership).
- Associate members may be promoted to full membership.