Student Social Work Association
The purpose of the Student Social Work Association shall be to:
- Support and strengthen the connection between Barry University’s BSW and MSW programs.
- Foster student-faculty communication and collaboration.
- To enhance the community awareness of Social Work principles and the value of the social work profession.
- Improve professionalism for students.
- Enhance the educational process by advocating for students’ rights, needs, and concerns.
- Improve upon accessibility and assistance to students with physical disabilities.
- Form university and student mutual support networks for active student members.
- Engage in social and/or educational activities which encourage a value system that espouses the worth and dignity of every human being, and promotes the singular importance of the individual.
- Uphold the National Association of Social Work (NASW) Code of Ethics.
Membership in the Student Social Work Association (SSWA) is open to all Social Work majors, as well as other Barry University students. Members should have an interest in promoting university activities and SSWA activities that will enhance student education, personal growth and community involvement.
- Plan services event that will benefit the larger community
- Create awareness among students of issues that will affect them as social work professionals
- Communicate with faculty members concerning events sponsored by SSWA
- Encourage faculty involvement and social relations with students.