Stamps Scholars Program
Barry University partners with the Stamps Scholars program to award multi-year scholarships to help driven and talented student leaders achieve their education and life goals. Stamps Scholars pursue their educational interests while developing their leadership skills with merit based financial aid including enrichment funds that can be used for study abroad, cultural exchanges, research projects and other educational experiences. Stamps Scholars also join a community of more than 1000 current and graduate Scholars around the world with whom they network and share their experiences.
The Stamps Scholars Program provides full tuition and room and board over four years, plus funds for study abroad, undergraduate research, and other exceptional learning experiences.
With the generous support of The Stamps Family Charitable Foundation, the program invests in an exclusive group of high-achieving incoming freshmen with an interest in leadership and service. Barry University provides matching dollars to provide a full merit scholarship. The award is renewable each year, based on GPA, leadership training, and community service requirements.
- Annual renewable scholarship for tuition, books, room and board, and transportation
- Additional $6,000 award for study abroad or other extraordinary learning experience.
- A faculty member who serves as your academic advisor in the content area of your major
- Unique cultural experiences
- Leadership training and service activities
- Receptions and dinner with the donors and faculty
- Prominent leadership opportunities, including the Presidential Ambassador Program and being a student representative at University events
- Access to a national network of Stamps Scholars and special Stamps leadership and fellowship programs
Process Will Open October 1, 2016
The Stamps Scholarship application process will open in October 1st for those students planning to enroll in fall 2017. In order to apply for this scholarship, you must first be accepted to Barry University. Applications and required essay will be received until February 1, 2017.
During the month of February semi-finalists will be selected to participate in a telephone interview with the Barry Stamps Interview Committee. Finalists will then be scheduled for an interview with the Stamps Foundation during the month of March. Applicants will be notified of the outcome in early April, 2017.
Prospective Stamps Scholars must meet the following minimum requirements:
- A minimum 3.5 high school GPA or an international equivalent
- Demonstrated and active involvement and leadership
- First year freshman (US citizen, resident, or international student)
If you have any questions about the program, please email us at BarryStamps@barry.edu
Please apply through your myBarry account once accepted to the University.
Learn more at http://StampsFoundation.org