Career Development Center
John Moriarty, M.B.A., Director
Shaunelle Wall, M.S., Associate Director
Joyce Carpio, Coordinator of Employer Relations
Gurbet Akdogan, M.S., Career Counselor
Kimberly Timpone, M.S., Career Counselor
Landon Student Union 205
Phone number: (305) 899-4010
The purpose of the Career Development Center is to empower students and alumni to take personal responsibility for their lifelong career development. The overall goal is to challenge every student to examine their values, interest, skill and abilities and to define his or her life in terms of vocation by providing opportunities for students to:
- LEARN about themselves and the needs of society
REFLECT on who they are in relation to the needs of society and their role in it
SERVE the community while finding purpose in their lives
The following services are available to all Barry University students and alumni:
- Individual and Group Career Counseling
- Workshops and assistance on vocational discernment, resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, job searching techniques, working a career fair, and the graduate school application process.
- Full-time/part-time job and Internship listings via eBUC$ (the electronic Barry University Career System)
- Industry specific career fairs and programs
- Panel Discussions with professionals in various careers
- Career Interest Inventories such as the Strong Interest Inventory and the Myers Briggs Type Indicator
- Career Library Resources
- On-campus Recruiting
It is the policy of the Center to provide services to employers whose mission is consistent with the mission of the University. We highly encourage faculty and staff to utilize our services within the scope of the classroom or student organizations you advise.
ORI 300 Career Readiness
Special one-semester courses open to all junior or senior students. The goals of the course are to begin the adjustment process from the undergraduate academic life to graduate school or the world of work.