COMMUTER STUDENT RESOURCES
The Center for Student Involvement provides a variety of programs and services intended to enhance the commuter experience by broadening the students' knowledge of opportunities, events, and services that will assist them during their college career. The office offers programs such as commuter appreciation days solely for commuter students and variety of different services including carpooling and commuting alternative programs, Commuter Student lounge with amenities, information on commuter spots on campus, locker rentals, student discounted Metro- bus passes and parking decals, and information on commuter meal plans.
- Offer services that help commuter students in their day-to-day interactions with the University.
- Offer programs that help commuter students to establish a connection with the University and its campus life.
- Offer orientation programs that ensure a successful adjustment to college life, while taking into consideration commuter-specific nuances such as previous college experience, non-traditional status, distance from main campus, and multiple life roles, among others.
- Provide a supportive space to facilitate commuter student interaction with faculty, staff, and each other by means of educational and recreational programs.
- Promote a sense of advocacy for commuter issues, while educating the University community about commuter needs.
- Provide advisory support for a Commuter Assistant Program.
- Engage in research efforts to identify, categorize, and understand commuter characteristics, overall demographics, as well as the diverse needs of commuter populations.
Off-Campus Housing Service
Web Page: http://www.barry.edu/offcampushousing/
Commuter Affairs provides listings of facilities available off campus. The information is posted on the web site noted above. Students are welcome to view the listings at any time. These listings are called in by members of the local community. The university does not inspect these premises and does not take responsibility for any problems relating to the rental and/or use of these premises. Students are responsible for all arrangements made between the renter and themselves.