As a part of the Peace Month activities, Barry University invites the campus community to the 2013 Peace-In.
Date: Thursday, Sept. 19
Time: 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Location: Varies throughout campus
Workshop Block One (9:30 – 10:50 am):
1) Violence in our Language: Examining the Words We Choose, Dr. Ruth Talman, Gato Gallery
2) Ending Human Trafficking and Domestic Violence, Jorge Veitia of SOL Media, Cor Jesu Chapel
Workshop Block Two (11 a.m. – 12:20 p.m.)
1) Institutional Violence: Drug War and Mass Incarceration, Dr. Fernando Perez, Philip Agnew of Dream Defenders, and representative from Power U, Gato Gallery
2) Strategies for Nonviolent Direct Action, Steffano Montano, Cor Jesu Chapel
LUNCH ON YOU OWN: 12:20 – 1 p.m.
Workshop Block Three (1 – 2:20 p.m.)
1) LGBT Sensitivity, Safe School South Florida, Gato Gallery
2) Half the Sky: Global Women’s Rights Issues, Dr. Laura Finley, Cor Jesu Chapel
Workshop Block Four (2:30 – 3:50 p.m.)
1) Sport, Wellness and Peace, Barry University Wellness Initiative Network representative, Gato Gallery
2) Violence in the Congo, Lorna Owens of Footprints Foundation, Cor Jesu Chapel
4 – 5 p.m.: Carnival for Peace Meet outside of Cor Jesu Chapel.
The Peace-In is free and open to all. Please RSVP to Dr. Laura Finley by September 13, 2013. Email email@example.com “2013 Peace-In” in the subject line. Please specify which workshops you wish to attend. Entire classes are welcome as well, but email RSVP required by September 13, 2013.
This event is supported by the U.S. Institute of Peace Public Education for Peacebuilding Support Initiative.