Go Greek!! - How to Join
Why Go Greek?
Did you know?
- 80% of Fortune 500 executives are members of Greek organizations
- Over 75% of the U.S. Supreme Court are Greek
- All but eight U.S. Presidents have been fraternity men since 1825 when the first social fraternity was founded.
- Today, 76% of all U.S. Congressmen and Senators are Greek.
- Since 1900, two-thirds of members of Presidential Cabinets have been Greek members
- Of the nations 50 largest corporations, 43 are led by fraternity men and sorority women.
- Greeks raise over $7 million for charity every year
- A U.S. Government study shows that over 70% of all those who join a fraternity/ sorority graduate,
- while under 50% of all non-fraternity/sorority persons graduate.
- Students who join Greek organizations are more likely to return to school the following year
- 850,000 hours are annually volunteered by Greeks across the country
Why be Greek?
Becoming part of the Greek community is both an honor and an obligation. The honor lies in becoming part of a strong tradition of excellence. The obligation lies in working diligently to meet the ideals and principles that serve as the basis of the Greek community and to hold yourself and your members accountable for constantly striving to improve the community of which they are a part.
Why Be Greek at Barry University
Greek life is an important part of the co-curricular experience of the students at Barry University. Students who are involved outside the classroom do better academically, report a more satisfying educational experience, and persist to graduation in greater numbers than their counterparts who choose not to become involved. Greek life is built upon a commitment to the ritualistic values of their organizations, a commitment to service, an understanding of their responsibility for being a contributing member of the community, and to the personal and professional development of members.