Alicia C. Marill, DMin
Director of the Doctor of Ministry Program
Dr. Alicia C. Marill, Director of the Doctor of Ministry Program and Associate Professor, was born in La Habana, Cuba, and has lived in South Florida since 1962. She received her B.A. in Social Sciences from Florida Atlantic University, her MA in Religious Studies from Barry University and a Doctor of Ministry degree from Catholic Theological Union at Chicago, specializing in cross-cultural ministry.
Dr. Marill's academic and pastoral activities include serving as President of the Academy of Hispanic Latino Theologians in the United States from 2003-2004 and President of the National Catholic Council for Hispanic Ministry since 2003. She is also a member of the Catholic Theological Society of America.
Marill has taken part in "En ComuniÃ³n," a project of the Archdiocese of Miami and Cuba focused on reconciliation. She is founder of Amor en AcciÃ³n, an organization born in the Archdiocese of Miami and with a community in Saginaw, Michigan. Amor en AcciÃ³n is dedicated to short-term mission experiences in collaboration with Catholic parishes in the Dominican Republic and Haiti.
Dr. Marill's academic research stems from her pastoral concerns: the mission of exiles, reconciliation and spirituality of survivors of human rights abuses, missiology and U.S. Hispanic Latino Theology.
- "Mission to Exiles," CTSA Proceedings 2001, Milwaukee, June 7-10-vol. 56, 140-142.
- Coming Full Circle: The Black Elk Speaks to a Cuban Refugee," The Healing Circle: Essays in Cross-Cultural Mission, Stephen Bevans, S.V.D., Eleanor Doidge, LoB, Robert Schreiter, C.P.P.S, editors Chicago Center for Global Ministries, CCGM Publications: Chicago, IL, 2000, 37-47.
- "Youth and Culture," Perspectivas: Hispanic Ministry, Allan Figueroa Deck, Yolanda Tarango, Timothy M. Matovina, editors, Sheed/Ward: Kansas City, MO, 1995, 46-52.
- "La ReconciliaciÃ³n no es BorrÃ³n y cuenta nueva." La Voz CatÃ³lica Marchâ€•April 2003.
- "En Haiti donde siempre es Cuaresma." La Voz CatÃ³lica April 2003.
- "Catolicismo Cubano: Isla y Diaspora." La Voz CatÃ³lica July 31, 2002.
- "Pack Openness and Humility: Preparing for a Journey that Could Change Your Life." (bilingual) Oye Magazine 2006.
- La IlusiÃ³n: The Experience of the Holy Spirit; Presidential Address, Annual Colloquium, Academy of Hispanic Theologians in the U.S., University of Dayton, Ohio, June 9, 2003.
- "The Other Border: The Florida Straits," National Catholic Council for Hispanic Ministry, Sacramento, California, November 11, 2005.
- "Spiritual Accompaniment in Hispanic Communities" Bernardin Center, Chicago, Illinois, October 2004.