Barry University is proud to assist veterans and dependents of veterans applying for educational benefits. Our Veteran Affairs’ Certifying Officials serve as liaisons between the student and Veterans Administration. We are here to assist veterans entitled to benefits under Chapter 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, 1607 and 1606 with the following:
- Explanation of Barry University’s policies and procedures related to VA Educational Benefits
- Completion of VA Paperwork
- Automatic certification of attendance every semester
Educational benefits are available to qualified veterans and dependents accepted into degree seeking and certificate programs approved by the Florida State Approving Agency for Veterans’ Training. Determination of eligibility for educational benefits will be made by the VA.
It is the responsibility of the student to become familiar with the procedures and regulations concerning satisfactory standards of progress in order to insure proper and prompt payment of benefits due.
Veteran students who plan to utilize their VA educational benefits should contact one of the referenced VA certifying school officials after the appropriate VA application form has been submitted to the Department of Veterans Affairs. Forms may be submitted to the VA online at http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/main.asp.
For Chapters 30, 33, 35, 1606 & 1607 please provide your school official with a copy the following forms:
- Application for VA Benefits or Change of Program/Place of Training
- DD-214 (For dependents, please submit the discharge papers of the veteran providing the benefits)
- Certificate Eligibility from the VA Office notifying the student of eligibility of benefits (This will be sent to you after your paperwork has been processed by the VA.)
VA Educational Programs
- VA Form 22-1990: Application for VA Benefits: If this is your first time using your educational benefits or if you are switching to Chapter 33 from a previous benefit.
- VA Form 22-1990e: Transfer of Entitlement: If a veteran has transferred his or her entitlement to a dependent. Please visit http://www.gibill.va.gov/GI_Bill_Info/CH33/Transfer.htm for further information.
- VA Form 22-1995: Request to change of program or place of training: If you have used your VA educational benefits at another school or if you are changing your academic program.
- VA Form 22-5490: Application for Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance: If you are a dependent (using a parent or spouse’s benefits) and this is your first time using your educational benefits.
- VA Form 22-5495: Request for Change of Program or Place of Training Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance: If you are a dependent and have used VA educational benefits at another school or you are changing your academic program.