In order to receive the BAH you need to be enrolled more than half time for the semester.
Undergraduate, Graduate, and Doctoral Students
|Semester||Summer I||Summer II|
|Training Time||Full Time||Half Time||Full Time||Half Time|
- If you register for 6 credits for Summer I you will be considered full time for Summer I only.
- If you register for 3 credits in Summer I and 3 credits in Summer II you will not be considered enrolled full time.
- If you register for 4 credits you will be enrolled more than half time and will received 80% of the BAH.
- The VA will not pay BAH for the break in between the terms.
- Exceptions to the Training Time/Credits to be considered full time:
- Anesthesiology- 3 credits
- Podiatry-5 credits
ACE Undergraduate and Graduate Students
In order to receive the BAH you need to be enrolled more than half time.
|Training Time||Full Time||Half Time|
- If you register for only online courses the VA will pay the online rate and not the regular BAH rate. For 2012-2013 the rate is $684/month. Please visit http://www.gibill.va.gov/resources/benefits_resources/rates/CH33/Ch33rates080112.html#MHA for further information.
- If you register for one online and one classroom course you will receive the full BAH.