Tuition and Fees Reported to the VA
Due to the changes with the Post 9/11 GI Bill that went into effect in August 2011, the Veterans Administration requires schools to deduct institutional aid and grants that are designated solely for tuition and fees when certifying your enrollment for the semester.
Financial aid awards to be deducted before reporting your tuition to the VA include the following:
- Barry Scholarship
- Barry Access Grant
- Florida Resident Access Grant (FRAG)
- Any other types of institutional aid designated for tuition and fees
Please note this list is not exhaustive. You may contact a VA Certifying Official for further information.
Title IV Financial aid funds are not deducted from tuition reported to the VA and include the following:
- PELL Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Florida Student Assistance Grant (FSAG)
- Work Study
- Stafford, Perkins and Parent PLUS Loans