Why should you consider Barry University?
52,000 alumni from Barry University have made an impact on their professions across the globe.
Notable Graduates Include:
- Alberto Carvalho ’90, Superintendent, Miami-Dade County Public Schools
- Sister Linda Bevilacqua, OP, PhD ’62, President, Barry University
- Felipe de Jesus Estévez, MA ’77, Bishop of St. Augustine, Florida
- Carlos Gimenez ’99, Mayor, Miami-Dade County
- Laurent Lamothe ’95, Prime Minister of Haiti
- Shaquille O’Neal, EdD ’12, Former NBA Champion
Faithful to this tradition, the Barry experience fosters individual and communal transformation where
learning leads to knowledge and truth, reflection leads to informed action, and a commitment to social
justice leads to collaborative service.
At Barry you will also find:
- Quality academics combined with hands-on career preparation.
- Outstanding programs in arts and sciences, business, communication, education, medical sciences, human performance and leisure science, law, natural and health sciences, nursing, psychology, social work and theology, School of Professional And Career Education programs.
- A personal and purposeful approach to learning.
- A diverse community of scholars dedicated to teaching.
- Dance and theater performances open to the community.
- A student body and faculty enriched by diversity of belief and interfaith dialogue.
- A solid academic reputation.
At Barry, you will always be encouraged to reach your potential and to make a difference in the world.
These are just two of the many elements that make Barry University unique. We’re proud of the recognition we’ve received in both these areas, but in truth, at Barry, it is all about you, the student.
Here, you’ll receive highly personalized attention from dedicated professors. Our graduates go on to further their studies at institutions such as Baylor College of Law, Emory University Goizueta School of Business, Boston University School of Medicine, Tufts University Dental School and the Jesuit School of Theology at Berkeley.
In fact, an impressive number of graduates from Barry's biomedical sciences program are accepted into medical and dental schools each year.
The Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida found that Barry University graduates are the third-highest salary earners among the states’ 28 private, not-for-profit educational institutions, finding work at national companies such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Microsoft, UPS, Ernst Young, IBM Latin American and Univision.
What’s more, Barry University was ranked 16th in the nation for Campus Ethnic Diversity by U.S. News and World Report. All of this means that not only can you expect to receive the best possible education, but the rewards will follow long after you leave Barry.