Mission and Vision
The purpose of the Alumni Association Office is to promote the mission of the University through establishment of mutually beneficial relations between the University and its alumni, and to help support the University through growth, scholarships, and development.
- To cultivate continuous communication and favorable relationships between Barry University and its alumni
- To establish programs and events which benefit the Alumni Association and, in turn, Barry University
- To enlighten and encourage currently enrolled students to establish giving patterns and become actively involved in Alumni Association programs
- To encourage communication and cooperation between the Alumni Office and other University departments.
Your Alumni Association is growing by leaps and bounds. The next 3 years will see the implementation of numerous programs and services designed to enhance both the student and alumni experience.
We are working hard to increase the number of member benefits for our alumni as well as provide the services that we know are critical to keeping you engaged and connected to your alma mater.
A brief overview of these programs include:
- An online community where you will be able to connect to classmates online, find mentors, post classified ads, register for a permanent email address, let classmates know your latest happenings and more!
- Development of a Student Alumni Program to connect our students to our alumni and help establish and maintain Barry traditions.
- Develop a Young Alumni program to engage our more recent graduates with programming specifically designed with them in mind.
- Expand our chapter and club program to help alumni not in the South Florida area maintain their ties to Barry.
- Work to create a comprehensive volunteer program to allow our alumni interested in giving back the place, time and opportunity to do so.
None of these programs will be successful without the support of our alumni, so please consider the ways that you’d like to see yourself involved. Whether it’s attending alumni functions, mentoring a student, giving a guest lecture, volunteering on a committee, or donating back to Barry. The Alumni Association is all about you and your alumni experience. We look forward to your involvement and appreciate your feedback as we continue to grow and develop.