Distinguished Alumni Award / Young Alumni Rising Star Nomination Form
Call for Nominations:
Do you know a Barry Alumnus/Alumna who lives a Barry life? The Distinguished Alumni Award is given to Barry Alums who have demonstrated (and continue to demonstrate) the Barry Core Commitments of: Knowledge & Truth, Inclusive Community, Social Justice, & Collaborative Service throughout their careers.
- Knowledge and Truth
Barry promotes and supports the intellectual life, emphasizing lifelong learning, growth, and development. The University pursues scholarly and critical analysis of fundamental questions of the human experience. In the pursuit of truth, the University advances development of solutions that promote the common good and a more humane and just society.
- Inclusive Community
Barry is a global, inclusive community characterized by interdependence, dignity, equality, compassion, and respect for self and others. Embracing a global world view, the University nurtures and values cultural, social and intellectual diversity, and welcomes faculty, staff, and students of all faith traditions.
- Social Justice
Barry expects all members of our community to accept social responsibility to foster peace and nonviolence, to strive for equality, to recognize the sacredness of Earth, and to engage in meaningful efforts toward social change. The University promotes social justice through teaching, research, and service.
- Collaborative Service
Barry is committed to serving local and global communities through collaboration and mutually-productive partnerships. The University accepts responsibility to engage with communities to pursue systemic, self-sustaining solutions to human, social, economic, and environmental problems.
These distinguished individuals lead their lives to Learn, Reflect, and Serve as Barry Proud Alumni and are leaders in their communities as well.
If you feel strongly that a Barry Alum is deserving of recognition for their commitment and service, please complete the nomination form for the Distinguished Alumni Award.
We also acknowledge Young Alumni, who are becoming more active in their communities/careers and who also consistently demonstrate the core commitments, to apply. These nominees would be qualified for our Young Alumni Rising Star Award.
- The nominated individual must be a Barry University Alum.
- Previous DAA/Rising Star winners may not be nominated again.
- All nominations must be electronically submitted or postmarked by Friday, September 5, 2014.
- Only one individual may be nominated per nomination form.
- The nomination form may be copied.
- Nominators may submit as many nominees as desired.
- If more than one nomination for an individual is submitted, only the first nomination received will be accepted.
Review & Notification Process
- All nominations go through an extensive review process that involves review by the Barry University DAA Panel, and Institutional Advancement and External Affairs.
- If a nominee is selected as a DAA or YA Rising Star Award finalist, the nominator and the nominee will be notified by mail and by telephone.
Contact the Alumni Relations Office
(305) 899-3175 or email@example.com
11300 NE 2nd Avenue, Miami Shores, FL 33161
Nominations have closed for this year. The committee is reviewing submissions for Distinguished Alumni and Rising Star Awards. Thank you for your interest and we hope to see you at the luncheon on February 19, 2015 for unveiling of the winners!