Preparation Course: ANE 695 Transition to Nurse Anesthesia
Transition to Nurse Anesthesiology (ANE 695 Course)
Whether you are preparing to apply or enter a Nurse Anesthesia program, or are just interested in determining whether such a career choice is for you, the Post-Baccalaureate DNP in Anesthesiology at Barry University offers an online, self-paced, 3 credit hour course that is designed to specifically meet these needs. This course introduces and reviews topics critical to success in a Nurse Anesthesia program. Covered topics include:
- Preparing for Nurse Anesthesia education
- Introduction to Nurse Anesthesia
- Mathematics Review
- General Chemistry Review
- Organic Chemistry Review
- Physics for Anesthesia
- Conversions and Calculations
- Pharmacology and Physiology
- Essential Critical Care Concepts
This course will be offered during the Summer 2021 semester (May 17, 2021 – August 6, 2021) and takes approximately 45 hours of time to complete. Requirements include a 300 MHz Pentium (or equivalent) computer with internet access. Broadband (DSL or cable modem) internet access is highly recommended.
Total cost for this course is $2,985.00. This fee covers tuition and technology. Financial Aid is not available for ANE 695 Transitions into Nurse Anesthesiology. If you change your mind and withdraw on or before Monday, May 24, 2021, you will have a zero balance. If you choose to withdraw on Tuesday, May 25, 2021, you will be financially responsible for 100% of the course. Your withdrawal request must be in writing to the Anesthesiology Program Office at email@example.com Questions about this policy may be directed to the Anesthesiology Program Office at 305-899-3288.
How to Apply:
- Submit an application at www.barry.edu/applynow
- Select the Graduate tab
- Click on College of Nursing and Health Sciences (non degree)
- Complete the application form
- Upload your unofficial transcript to your MyBarry account
- Contact Mercedes Diaz Pinero at firstname.lastname@example.org for a Summer 2021 registration agreement and student profile form.
Answers to common questions:
- This course does not include a lab component.
- Financial aid is not available for ANE 695 Transitions into Nurse Anesthesiology since it is an elective and not a required course.