Earth Day Celebration
Join us at Barry’s Earth Day Celebration to learn about the many ways in which you can take the lead in sustainability
Date: Tuesday, April 7
Time: 12 pm – 2 pm
Location: Thompson Hall Lawn
- Enjoy FREE
- secure and on-site shredding of your home confidential documents
- food –if you visit the sustainability fair booths (or for purchase if you don’t have time to visit most booths)
- gently used clothing and office supplies
- Purchase fresh and locally grown produce
- Listen to mini presentations by Barry students and local organizations
- Drop-off no longer used items to support social justice initiatives:
- to support social justice initiatives: books, cell phones and eyeglasses.
- for responsible recycling: ink jet cartridges, small electronics (i.e., laptops & notebooks, tablets, mp3 players, digital cameras, digital video cameras, GPS devices, Kindle & Sony book readers), rechargeable batteries (i.e., lithium-ion, button batteries, cell phone or digital camera batteries), worn-out sneakers.
- Visit the sustainability fair with vendors offering a wealth of information and products:
- Barry departments and student groups
- Other organizations -- Enterprise Car Share, Coke, DEX, EchoTech Visions, Gilly Vending, Heal the Planet, Miami Dade Metropolitan Planning Organization, RPCV Fair Trade Market, Shred-It, South Florida Commuter Services, Tea n’ Sanity, Tree of India, Tri-Rail, Urban Greenworks, and Waste Management.
- Door prizes include bicycles donated by Coke and Bike Nerds of Miami Shores, tickets to Nitro Circus, a CarShare free weekend special, gift baskets and more!
For more information, please contact Patricia Ramlow at 305-899-3437 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.