The Mission of Academic Advising
Undergraduate Academic Advising (UAA) in the Andreas School of Business plays its part in making the missions of Barry University and the Andreas School of Business a reality for students. UAA assists in fulfilling the University's mission, particularly the objectives of providing a quality education in a caring environment. In addition, UAA is also guided by the goals of the Andreas School of Business, especially, the enabling of students to become successful business practitioners. The following points elaborate on the mission of UAA.
Your academic advisor will:
- Be knowledgeable of the degree requirements of all the majors of the School of Business and the proper sequencing of courses to ensure a successful completion of the degree program in an appropriate amount of time.
- Inform you of all degree requirements and the correct sequencing of courses to ensure timely completion of the degree program.
- Assist you in developing your decision making skills concerning your education by explaining all the ramifications of the decisions that you make concerning your degree program and the sequencing of coursework.
- Assist you with the clarification of your educational plans, with the interpretation of institutional requirements and academic policies, and with the evaluation of your progress towards achieving your goals.
- Provide advice concerning academic and personal problems and referral to other University departments that can assist you in fulfilling your educational and personal goals.
- Inform you about other educational resources within the School of Business, such as Internship and Study Abroad Programs and Career Resources.