Who We Serve
Psychoeducational assessments are available to University students and community members from preschool age to adulthood.
What Is Included In An Assessment
- Clinical interview
- Review of previous test results, report cards, writing samples, etc., testing,
- Consultation with parents, teachers, and/or other professionals working with your child (If deemed necessary)
- Comprehensive psychoeducational report with recommendations for specific services; and
- Clinical Feedback with Parent and Child (depending of age).
Types Of Assessments We Conduct
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Learning Disabilities
- Intellectual Disability
- Emotional and/or Behavioral Disability
- Test Anxiety (with historical and well-documented issues)
Purpose Of Psychoeducational Assessment
- Explain behaviors such as inattention, poor organization, hyperactivity, and low motivation, poor school performance
- Provide required documentation for the need for academic accommodations and remediation
- Assess emotional or behavioral disabilities
Who Conducts Assessments
The CARE Center Psychoeducational assessments are conducted by either:
- Advanced graduate student pursuing a specialist degree in school psychology (under direct supervision of a licensed psychologist or school psychologist; or
- Contracted Licensed School Psychologist
For appointments or further inquiry, contact the CARE center
- Phone: 305-899-3726
- Email: CARE-Center@barry.edu
Please note: The CARE Center is closed during Barry University holidays.
- First payment of $350 is due when scheduling appointment and last payment of $350 is due when report has been completed.
- NOTE: Barry Students requiring Internal University accommodations with Barry University’s Office of Accessibility will be offered the $700 fee.
- $2,700 for individuals seeking special accommodations for External board or licensure exams
- NOTE: only individuals with historical and well documented issues i.e. reports from psychiatrist, Medical Physicians, and/or MH Practitioners will receive an appointment for Psychoeducational Evaluations (for External Special Accommodations).
- First payment of $1,350 due when scheduling appointment and last payment of $1,350 is due when report has been completed.
The CARE Center does not provide emergency services, detoxification services or care for those with acute mental illnesses. Those requiring these critical care services are referred to the appropriate facilities.
In the event of an emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.