We are still here for you!
We acknowledge that we are experiencing an unprecedented time. Due to the Covid -19 pandemic, the Career Development Center is operating virtually until further notice. However, even though we are not together physically we are still available for you and our services and programs will continue to be provided to you via various platforms including phone, video, email and through our comprehensive website.
Please review the information on this page carefully to learn how you can contact us, get informed about our upcoming events, and seek our services.
Get in touch:
- If you would like to schedule an appointment, please see the instructions below.
- For all other inquiries, we ask that you submit general questions on career-related topics to your Career Counselor Liaison or email@example.com, or call us at 305-899-4010
- Visit our website at https://www.barry.edu/career-development-center for our comprehensive resources for assistance with resume and cover letter writing, interview preparation, job search strategies, graduation school information, and more.
- Follow us on social media for announcements, tips, and information about your career development
- Instagram: barryucareer
- Facebook: Barry University Career Development Center
- How to schedule an appointment: Students may request a phone or virtual meeting with a career counselor via Handshake.
- Sign up by using your Barry username and password
- Click on Career Center in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Click on Appointments from your Career Center's page.
- Click the Schedule a New Appointment button in the upper-left of the page.
- Click on the desired category, then click on the desired type of appointment.
- Click on a time that works for you, choose the appointment medium (phone call or Webex) then enter details about the appointment in the "What can we help you with?" section. Don’t forget to include your phone number for phone appointments.
- Click Request in the lower-right of the screen.
Resume Walk-in Hours:
- Resume walk-in hours are only offered in Fall and Spring Semesters. Please schedule an appointment to get your resume reviewed.
- Click to access resume writing guidelines and sample resumes.
- Career Fairs & Events: We are excited to partner with Handshake to run career fairs and events in a virtual format this semester. Please see the detailed announcement here.
- Job/Internship Applications: Handshake is an available and robust resource for those seeking job and internship opportunities.
- Employer Information Sessions: All employer networking and information sessions will be provided virtually during this period.