The Graduate Assistants in the Counseling program will perform the following activities:
- Assist faculty in maintaining student advising records.
- Conduct library research concerning topics of interest to full or part-time faculty.
- Assist in handling initial student inquiries concerning the curricula.
- Assist faculty in keeping records on program operation for use in program development, evaluation, and accreditation.
- Assist faculty in the development of instructional materials.
- Coordinate students' use of counseling rooms and videotape equipment.
- Provide administrative support (i.e., arranging for duplication of handouts, securing syllabi and instructional materials, communicating needs of students and other faculty, etc.) to adjunct faculty.
- Other duties as assigned by the Department Chair.
Compensation for a half-time assistantship consists of 6 credits per semester of graduate study for 20 hours per week of work over 16 weeks. Assistantships last for two semesters. An assistantship may be offered during the summer term, but is not guaranteed.
Any student interested in this position may apply by submitting: 1) a resume, 2) a letter detailing competencies and interests associated with the job requirements, and 3) names, addresses, and telephone numbers of two references (at least one professional) to Anna Dow at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be notified of hiring decisions as soon as possible.