Mathematics Education Specialization
How would you like to strengthen your pedagogical content knowledge in the area of mathematics? This specialization is designed for both practicing and future teachers at the P-12 levels who want to develop the latest theoretical knowledge in mathematics pedagogy and the integration of this knowledge into instructional practices.
The Mathematics Education Specialization Program Is For:
- Current educators teaching in P-12 settings who are looking for advanced mathematical pedagogical content knowledge to become curriculum specialists or interdisciplinary instructional leaders.
- Individuals who already hold a bachelor’s degree (in any area) who want to become teacher leaders in the area of mathematics education in their educational communities.
- Educators wanting to learn more about the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) five Content Standards in the areas of Number & Operations, Algebra, Geometry, Measurement and Data Analysis & Probability.
- Educators aspiring to add to their knowledge base in the area of mathematics in order to teach and/or coach in this content area.
- Those interested in teaching at the college level.