Upon completion of the Education Doctorate (EdD) in Organizational Learning and Leadership with a Specialization in Educational Leadership, you will have acquired the ability to:
- Develop on-going inquiry and innovation around challenges in professional practice
- Evaluate, design and apply research to make a positive difference in the lives of students, families, and all members of the educational community
- Construct, lead and change learning organizations and systems that are purposeful, successful and socially just contexts for learning
- Develop skills and knowledge needed for the effective leadership and management of complex organizations in a global technological and culturally diverse society
- Contrast and compare educational issues that affect the educational enterprise
- Design sound, educational policy and practice using data-driven decision making
- Create and sustain a community of leaders committed to collaboration, mutual support and continuous learning
At Barry University, the student-teacher ratio is small so you always receive personal attention from the distinguished faculty. Working individually and in conjunction with faculty and classmates, you will engage in building a supportive and caring community. From your first semester until the completion of your capstone project, the faculty mentors and takes a keen interest in your professional development.
Accommodating Working Professionals
Each class meets once a week in the evenings throughout the semester. Doctoral students who work full-time can complete the coursework for the program in a 3-year time frame by enrolling in two classes per semester. At Barry your classes are small, so you receive personal attention from distinguished faculty.
An Affordable Education
Barry is committed to making your education affordable. You may qualify for financial aid, as well as for special scholarships and tuition discounts for educators.