Students who successfully complete the certificate in Information Technology will:
- Possess a foundation of technical and administrative skills needed to begin a career in the area of information technology.
- Provide solutions for organizations with respect to hardware, software, communication, planning, design, implementation, and support of various technologies.
- Employ research and critical thinking for analyzing and solving organizational challenges.
- Understand various components of the information technology, including hardware, software, communication, planning, design, implementation, and support.
- Propose solutions and apply troubleshooting strategies to deal with various technical problems
The post-certificate in Information Technology (IT) courses are also all available to students in an online and web video conferencing format using our state-of-the-art technologies.
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate In Information Technology Courses (18 Credits)
- CS 180 - Introduction to Digital Literacy
- IT 200 - Foundations of Information Technology*
- IT 310 - Telecommunications and Computer Networks
- IT 338 - Web Design, Authoring and Publishing
- IT 400 - Project Management
- IT 450- Administrative Information Systems
*Advanced students may earn credits for the CS 180 or IT 200 courses by test-out examination. Please reference the Credit by Examination policy.
A grade of C or higher is required in all certificate courses.
IT Certifications Training
At Barry University, we are dedicated to PC training tailored to the corporate student and individuals by providing quality instruction, documentation, and support. We offer a well-tested, comprehensive training method, which ensures that our clients effectively and efficiently meet their training objectives. We also offer a set schedule of classes for individuals.
Barry University has been in South Florida for over 60 years. We currently have 14 locations throughout the state with nine locations in South Florida.
Benefits of choosing Barry University:
- Fully equipped lab environment - everything is hands-on
- Discounts on most certification exams
- Transcender practice exams included
- High-quality credit and non-credit certification courses
- Industry/vendor-approved instructional materials
- Comprehensive coverage of certification exam objectives
- Industry certified facility
- Financial aid available for those who qualify