Expand your worldview at the Studio for Languages and Cultures
Barry University’s Studio for Languages and Cultures supports faculty, staff, and students in learning foreign languages and raises their cultural awareness of countries where modern languages are spoken.
The Studio also acts as a testing center for the internationally recognized exam, SIELE (https://siele.org/en/examen).
Barry is the perfect place to explore the cultural values, practices, and heritages of other countries. We have one of the most diverse campuses in the nation in an extremely culturally varied city.
Approximately 78 different nationalities are represented here at Barry!
About the Studio for Languages and Cultures
To educate and expand perspectives, the Studio partners with established Miami cultural nonprofit organizations like FUNDarte, Miami Light Project (MLP), and Centro Cultural Espanol (CCE).
Some of the activities organized by the Studio include:
- Conferences and master classes
- Book presentations
- Music and movie festivals
- Cultural series
- Cultural field trips
- Social events like Jueves de Juegos and Cafecito Literario
Below are past events hosted by the Studio:
- Poetry and Micro Fiction Contest
- Jueves de Juegos (Spanish Game Day)
- Field Trips to Calle Ocho
- Lecture Series on Exile: Spain, Cuba, and Venezuela 1939/1959/Today
- Booth at Festival of Nations
- Alpha Mu Gamma meetings and induction ceremony
- Recent Cinema from Spain (online event, organized by CCE and General Consulate of Spain)
- Miami Book Fair: Spanish Authors (online event, organized by CCE )
- Miami Book Fair: French Authors (online event, organized by General Consulate of France)
- V Festival de Cine y de Derechos Humanos (online event, organized by CCE and the Koubek Center)
- Global Cuba Fest (upcoming event, organized by MLP and FUNDarte)