Autism Education Certificate (15 credits)
Enhance your expertise in working with children with autism. Learn various behavioral management techniques appropriate for children with autism and children with emotional handicaps. Become knowledgeable about educational assessment techniques and procedures to provide an objective database for individualizing instruction for children with exceptionalities.
You may complete the four certificate courses and a practicum to qualify to teach students with autism. The practicum applies knowledge, strategies, and skills relevant to exceptional students in the classroom and is comprised of field-based experience under the supervision of a University instructor. This program is for international and out-of-state students only.
- ESE 673 - Nature and Needs of Autism
- ESE 583A - Educational Assessment of Students with Exceptionalities: Focus on Autism
- ESE 527A - Management of Students with Emotional and/or Behavioral Disorders: Focus on Autism
- ESE 683 - Instructional Strategies for Students with Autism: Technological and Communication Interventions
- ESE 699 - Practicum in Exceptional Student Education