• Create admissions profile
  • Check on application status

Browse & Apply for Scholarships
Connect with us

Document to submit for proof of citizenship or eligible non-citizen

To be eligible to receive federal student aid, a student must be one of the following (1) U.S. citizen or national; (2) U.S. permanent resident; (3) Citizens of the Freely Associated States: the Federated States of Micronesia and the Republics of Palau and the Marshall Islands; or (4) other eligible non-citizens.

Before federal student aid can be disbursed, the student must provide one of the following within 30 days: DO NOT MAIL ORIGINAL DOCUMENT, SUBMIT ORIGINAL DOCUMENT IN PERSON TO A FINANCIAL AID COUNSELOR.

  • The original document of the Certificate of Naturalization (N-550 or N-570), from USCIS, which must include name, petition number, certificate number, USCIS A-number, name of the court that granted naturalization, date of naturalization and signature
  • The original document of the U.S. passport or U.S. passport card, current or expired
  • The original document of the Certificate of Citizenship (N-560 or N-561), issued by USCIS, which must include name, application number, certificate number, date issued and signature
  • The original document of the Permanent Resident Card or Resident Alien Card; Arrival-Departure Record, I-94 Arrival Departure record stamped for temporary permanent resident, refugees, asylees, conditional entrants, parolees, Cuban/Haitian entrants
  • A copy of the student’s Birth certificate showing that you were born in the United States
  • A copy of the Form FS-240 (Consular Report of Birth Abroad)
  • A copy of the Form FS-545 (Certificate of birth issued by foreign service post)
  • A copy of the Form DS-1350 (Certification of Report of Birth)

If you have any questions regarding your citizenship, you may contact the U.S. Department of Homeland Security by visiting their webpage at

Oh oh ....

We are sorry but it appears that JavaScript is disabled on your browser.
Our site is very interactive and it requires JavaScript to be enabled.
Click on the link below for instructions on how to enable JavaScript on your browser.

Enable JavaScript on your browser