Rights and Responsibilities
As a student you have the right to:
- Know what financial assistance is available to you, including all federal, state, and institutional aid.
- Know the deadlines for submitting applications for applicable financial aid programs and the process required.
- Know how your financial need is determined, including how cost of attendance is developed.
- Know what resources are considered in the calculation of your financial need, and how much of your need has been met.
- Request an explanation of the types of aid contained in your financial aid award as well as how to retain eligibility for those funds, including the determination of Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Request a review of your current financial situation, if you meet certain criteria, based on changes since filing the FAFSA.
- Know what portion of your aid package is grant or gift aid, and what portion must be repaid. In addition, you have the right to know interest rates, total amount to be repaid, procedures for repayment, when repayment begins, and how long you have to repay the loan.
- Know the method and frequency of financial aid disbursements.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Direct Loan Terms & Conditions
- Direct Loan Exit Counseling
- Loan Repayment Information
- Student Employment
As a student you have the responsibility to:
- Be aware of your ability to pay any institutional charges based on your available financial aid and personal resources.
- Review and understand the terms and conditions of your financial aid award.
- Complete all requirements accurately, in a timely manner, and by the appropriate deadlines.
- Inform the Financial Aid Office if you intend to enroll less than full-time so that your aid can be properly adjusted.
- Inform the Financial Aid Office of any outside scholarships, assistantships, or additional resources that you receive.
- Read all forms and understand that you are legally responsible for all agreements that you sign.
- Know and comply with all University policies and procedures.
- Manage your financial aid experience by completing all requirements and submitting all requested documents in an timely manner, and by the appropriate deadlines.