Bachelor of Science in Administration with Specialization in Health Services Administration
The Bachelor of Science in Administration with Specialization in Health Services Administration is designed to prepare the student for a career in the health services industry in an administrative capacity. The program of study will give students a broad view of today's health care system and will prepare its graduates for entry and middle management positions in such areas as hospital, medical, or dental clinics; group medical practices; managed care organizations; long-term care facilities; insurance companies; home health agencies; and governmental health agencies. Management skills and business practices used in today's complex health care systems are emphasized.
Program Outcomes: students who successfully complete the degree program will be able to:
- examine the current health care system in the United States surveying the economics, social, and political aspects which make up the system;
- evaluate health care leadership and management theories and the organizational components involved in managing healthcare facilities;
- analyze and evaluate conceptual operations frameworks for various types of health care facilities and identify the roles of the healthcare professionals within these organizations;
- demonstrate an ability to identify and mitigate hospital risks and liabilities in order to contain costs and increase quality of care and to operate within legal boundaries; and
- evaluate issues of fiscal responsibility and quality patient outcomes in healthcare.