The Applied Sport and Exercise Sciences program strives to have its graduating students:
- Master a foundation of knowledge and skills related to sport and exercise science that will prepare them for professional careers in areas such as sport and recreational coaching, personal/group specialist fitness training, corporate fitness and wellness coordination, recreational activity specialist as well as park and recreational management and operations.
- Participate in university and community service activities that promote physical, emotional and spiritual well-being and make sport, exercise, and recreation a meaningful experience to be repeated throughout their lifetime.
- Engage the sport and exercise sciences communities at the local, regional, national and/or international level.
- Pursue activities that promote professional development and communication, leadership, and reflective decision-making skills.
- Support an environment of diversity and inclusion that values and examines how multicultural, social, and ethical values and issues affect individuals, communities, and society in sport, exercise, and recreational settings.