How Do I Qualify?
To qualify as a first-year student, you must:
- Attain a minimum combined SAT score of 1310 or ACT score of 28; and
- Attain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.70 in high school.
To Qualify As A Second-Year Transfer Student, You Must:
- Attain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.7 from a regionally accredited university.
- Complete all developmental courses
To qualify as a second-year Barry student, you must:
- Achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 in your first and second semesters at Barry;
- Complete all developmental courses;
- Submit all application materials to the Honors Program via email;
- Obtain a minimum of one letter of recommendation from a Barry faculty member; and
- Submit an admission essay (see Admission Essay Requirements file)
Students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to the Honors Program to take advantage of all the benefits, especially Honors courses. Refer to the timelines below to see when you can apply!
- Fall semester: July 15th
- Spring semester: December 15th