How Do I Qualify?
To qualify as a first-year student, you must:
- Attain a minimum combined SAT score of 1310 or ACT score of 28; and
- Attain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.70 in high school.
To qualify as a transfer student, you must:
- Attain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.7 from a regionally accredited university.
To qualify as a second-year Barry student, you must:
- Achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 in your first and second semesters at Barry;
- Complete all developmental courses;
- Submit all application materials to the Honors Program via email;
- Obtain a minimum of one letter of recommendation from a faculty member; and
- Submit an admission essay (see Admission Essay Requirements file)
Students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to the Honors Program in order to take advantage of all the benefits, especially Honors courses. Refer to the timelines below to see when you can apply!
- Fall semester: July 1st
- Spring semester: December 15th