A resident assistant is a full-time graduate or undergraduate student who lives in a residence hall living unit to assist students in their academic and personal development. The resident assistant, under the direction and supervision of the Residence Coordinators, works toward developing and maintaining a community environment in which students can best meet their academic responsibilities. This position includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Assists individual students in their personal and social development.
- Assists in developing and maintaining an environment conducive to study and academic success.
- Actively promotes the establishment of a relationship between the resident community and the on-going cultural, academic and social life of the university.
- Plans, coordinates and implements a variety of programs to facilitate community building.
- A wide range of administrative duties
It is necessary for the successful resident assistant candidate to be open and flexible to a variety of situations and tasks. Positive attitude and willingness to work as a valued, contributing member of a cohesive team are the most important attributes for which we search. Applications are available in the Office of Housing and Residence Life.