RA Selection Process
Become a Resident Assistant in Spring 2022!
Once you attend an info session, an email will be sent to you with a link to the Resident Assistant Application and the materials needed to be completed along with the application- this will be done through our new online process. All candidates must have attended one of the following informational sessions in order to receive the link and access the application. No paper applications will be accepted.
Student Staff Selection Timeline ‘21
Completed Applications are due Mon, March 22nd @ 12pm (Noon) via online system & email only.
Mandatory Info Sessions
|Thursday, February 18th||6pm||Join Microsoft Teams Meeting|
|Tuesday, February 23rd||7pm||Join Microsoft Teams Meeting|
|Wednesday, February 24th||8pm||Join Microsoft Teams Meeting|
|Monday, March 8th||3pm||Join Microsoft Teams Meeting|
|Thursday, March 11th||7pm||Join Microsoft Teams Meeting|
|Tuesday, March 16th||6pm||Join Microsoft Teams Meeting|
Individual RA Interviews – Friday, March 26th; will be scheduled via email beginning the week of March 22nd
Group Process – Saturday, March 27th, 8:30am-1pm.
Letters will go out in April.
Qualified candidates will…
- be a registered student at Barry University.
- have and maintain a min GPA of 2.75 each semester as well as a cumulative GPA of 2.75
- be available for dates of training, staff meetings, university opening/closing as signaled in the RA position agreement (move in early, leave late)
- be in good judicial standing with the University
- have completed one semester at Barry University (12 credits)
- have two letters of recommendation submitted by app due date
- submit a professional resume or CV, reviewed by Career Development Center by app due date
- be able to attend interview and group process
- submit the app electronically and on time
More information or questions, please contact the Housing and Residence Life office (email@example.com) at 305-899-3875.