Barry RA Selection
Become a Resident Assistant in Fall 2021!
Once you attend an info session, an email will be sent to you with a link to the Resident Assistant Application and the materials needed to be completed along with the application- this will be done through our new online process. All candidates must have attended one of the following information sessions in order to receive the link and access the application. No paper applications will be accepted.
Student Staff Selection Timeline ‘20
Completed Applications due Friday, October 16th @ 12pm (noon) via online system & email only.
Mandatory Info Sessions
|Wednesday, September 16th||6pm||Bevilacqua Multi-Purpose Room, 152|
|Monday, September 21st||7pm||Weber Grand Hall|
|Thursday, September 24th||8pm||Landon Events Room, 110|
|Tuesday, September 29th||7pm||Library 101|
|Wednesday, October 7th||3pm||Library 101|
|Thursday, October 8th||8pm||Weber Grand Hall|
|Monday, October 12th||7pm||Bevilacqua Multi-Purpose Room, 152|
Individual RA Interviews – Friday, October 23rd; will be scheduled via email beginning the week of October 21st
Group Process – Saturday, October 24th; 8:00am-1pm
Letters will go out in December
Qualified candidates will…
- be a registered student at Barry University.
- have and maintain a min GPA of 2.75 each semester as well as a cumulative GPA of 2.75
- be available for dates of training, staff meetings, university opening/closing as signaled in the RA position agreement (move in early, leave late)
- be in good judicial standing with the University
- have completed one semester at Barry University (12 credits)
- have two letters of recommendation submitted by app due date
- submit a professional resume or CV, reviewed by Career Development Center by app due date
- be able to attend interview and group process
- submit the app electronically and on time
More information or questions, please contact the Housing and Residence Life office (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 305-899-3875.