RA Selection Process
Become a Resident Assistant in Spring 2022!
Once you attend an info session, an email will be sent to you with a link to the Resident Assistant Application and the materials needed to be completed along with the application- this will be done through our new online process. All candidates must have attended one of the following informational sessions in order to receive the link and access the application. No paper applications will be accepted.
Student Staff Selection Timeline Summer ‘21
Completed Applications are due Mon, June 21st @ 12pm (Noon) via online system & email only.
Mandatory Info Sessions
|Friday, June 4th||12pm||Join Microsoft Teams Meeting|
|Tuesday, June 8th||4pm||Join Microsoft Teams Meeting|
|Thursday, June 10th||7pm||Join Microsoft Teams Meeting|
|Monday, June 14th||3pm||Join Microsoft Teams Meeting|
|Wednesday, June 16th||7pm||Join Microsoft Teams Meeting|
Individual RA Interviews – Monday, June 28th via phone; will be scheduled through email beginning June 22nd
Group Process – Tuesday, June 29th, 8:00am-10:00am on virtual platform
Letters will go out in July.
Qualified candidates will…
- be a registered student at Barry University.
- have and maintain a min GPA of 2.75 each semester as well as a cumulative GPA of 2.75
- be available for dates of training, staff meetings, university opening/closing as signaled in the RA position agreement (move in early, leave late)
- be in good judicial standing with the University
- have completed one semester at Barry University (12 credits)
- have two letters of recommendation submitted by app due date
- submit a professional resume or CV, reviewed by Career Development Center by app due date
- be able to attend interview and group process
- submit the app electronically and on time
More information or questions, please contact the Housing and Residence Life office (email@example.com) at 305-899-3875.