- Create admissions profile
- Check on application status
SES Academic Advising
Connect with us
- The School of HPLS advances human potential through the integration of body, mind, and spirit in pursuit of excellence.
- The School values a strong sense of ethics, personal and social responsibility through reflection, and a search for knowledge with a global perspective. We also value a holistic approach to addressing the challenges of society, focusing on the importance of human action as a contributor to solutions, communication as a vehicle for integrity and justice, excellence in teaching and engaged learning, and in collaboration with communities. We value social contributions that combine intellectual curiosity with practical application, the engagement of theoretical and empirical research, and a highly multicultural environment that supports a cosmopolitan university lifestyle. Its alumni are well educated in the liberal arts, leaders in their chosen professions, and engaged citizens whose lifelong learning and service make them visionary leaders for Florida, the nation, and the world. The School provides excellent education, promotes research and scholarship, fosters community engagement, supports intellectual inquiry and contributes to societal development.
- The School of Human Performance and Leisure Sciences serves local and global communities through scholarship and professional practices in science, sport, recreation and wellness.
- Our academic programs are nationally recognized in the academic areas of undergraduate athletic training and graduate sport management. Our undergraduate sport management – diving industry program is internationally renowned. The intercollegiate athletic program is recognized as a program of national excellence. Campus recreation and wellness has achieved international recognition through its Fun, Fit Fridays program initiative and national recognition in its Let's Move Barry campaign. Faculty, staff and students have accomplished local, state, regional, national and international notoriety in teaching/coaching, research and service. The School's students prosper in a supportive environment with faculty, staff, and administrators who are vitally engaged in student life. The School's academic programs are collaborative and creative, emphasizing both the development and application of knowledge.
- A strong sense of ethics, personal and social responsibility through reflection;
- A search for knowledge with a global perspective;
- A holistic approach to addressing the challenges of society, focusing on the importance of human action as a contributor to solutions;
- Communication as a vehicle for integrity and justice;
- Excellence in teaching in engaged learning and in collaboration with communities;
- Social contributions that combine intellectual curiosity with practical application;
- Faculty and staff engagement in theoretical and empirical research as well as instructional development;
- A highly multicultural environment that supports a cosmopolitan university lifestyle
Oh oh ....