Get an Edge: Highlights of Barry's Biomechanics Degree
Barry University's location in sunny South Florida gives you some unique advantages as you prepare for a career in biomechanics. There are great internship opportunities, access to a variety of sports at various levels, and the experience of a true multicultural community.
Our program also has some unique features, including a deliberately small enrollment, giving you close mentoring from faculty and direct access to our lab equipment. Our classes are offered in the evening, enabling you to work or take on an assistantship, if available. We have a collegial and cooperative relationship with the University Athletics Department facilitating movement analysis with Barry's teams. Contributing to the professionalism of our graduates is our emphasis on ethics, particularly important in a field that involves working with people.
- Practica (mini-internships) in some of the nation's best facilities, including the Biomotion Foundation; Florida Chiropractic & Sports Rehab Center and Pritikin Longevity Center and the Project to Cure Paralysis at the University of Miami.*
- Direct access to quality laboratory equipment: 3-D Vicon System, 2 force plates, electromyography.
- Credentialed faculty who take a personal interest in your research, studies, and success.*
- Easy access to a great variety and all levels of sport with our ideal South Florida location.*
- Cooperative relationship with University Athletics Department (housed in the same building).*
- Unique emphasis on ethics and human values, ensuring practice and research standards of the highest professional level.*
- Evening classes, allowing you to work off campus during the day or work as a graduate assistant on campus if a position is available.
- Close proximity to Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, enabling practice and research with a multicultural, metropolitan population.
Apply Now:Next available start term begins August 2010. We are still accepting applications. Don't delay, apply online now.
Find Out More: Continue to explore our web site. Contact us by Ask a question; schedule a visit; or call 305-899-3494 (local and international) or 1-800-756-6000, ext. 3494 (toll-free). We look forward to talking with you about your opportunities!