What can you do with a Movement Science degree in Sport, Exercise, and Performance Psychology?
A master's degree in Movement Science specializing in Sport, Exercise, and Performance Psychology will prepare you for a range of truly exciting careers! Your efforts will allow your clients to enhance their sport, exercise, and physical activity performance and enjoyment.
- Consult with athletes, enhancing their mental skills through motivation, imagery, self-talk, and anxiety management.
- Coach or assist a university or professional team, enhancing performance through team dynamics.
- Increase your success as an athletic trainer through understanding the psychological aspects of injury.
- Educate parents, administrators, officials, and managers about the psychological aspects of athletics.
- Prepare for doctoral study, with subsequent plans to research or teach.
- Start your own business by combining the Sport Psychology degree specialization with sport management electives.
You can even transfer your knowledge of performance excellence to other areas, including business, medicine, dance, and the U.S. space program. You can customize your program and your career options in the following manner:
- Place emphasis on psychology while taking supplemental training in the sport sciences, or
- Emphasize the sport sciences and take additional training in counseling or clinical psychology.
Your professional activities as a Sport, Exercise, and Performance Psychology professional will vary based on your educational background and specific interests.