Sport Management (BS)
To apply to Barry's undergraduate program in sport management, you must apply for admission to Barry University and note sport management as your choice of major.
To apply to Barry University, you must submit the following to the Office of Admissions:
- A completed undergraduate application. This application can be electronically submitted.
- Application fee of US $30. Please make your nonrefundable application fee payable to Barry University
- Official high school transcripts and all college/university transcripts
- Official SAT I or ACT scores
If you are an international student whose first language is not English, you must also submit a TOEFL score. Educational records - transcripts, record of marks, school-leaving examinations - must be accompanied by certified English translations if in a language other than English.
Barry's admissions counselors are always available to assist you. Call 1-800-695-2279 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Requirements for Full Acceptance to the Sport Management Major:
Once you have satisfied all the Sport and Exercise Sciences (SES) interim acceptance requirements, you should apply for full acceptance to the major. Full acceptance status is required prior to enrolling in SES 499 Internship. You will be eligible for full acceptance to the sport management major when the following requirements have been met:
- You have achieved junior status (completed at least 60 hours applicable to the degree) or fulfilled all Sport and Exercise Sciences interim acceptance requirements.
- You have declared Sport Management as your major.
- You have passed Biology 230 (Human Anatomy), SES 210 (Foundations of Sport & Exercise Science), SES 270 (Concepts of Fitness and Wellness), or equivalent courses, with the grade of C or better.
- You have achieved a 2.5 CUM GPA and a 2.5 Average GPA in all SES and major courses attempted.
- You have obtained the recommendation of your advisor and the coordinator of the Sport Management Program, as well as the SES Faculty Review Panel.