• Create admissions profile
  • Check on application status
Connect with us

Change of Status


Some students who come to the United States under a different visa may want to apply for an F-1 student visa. F-1 visas are for students who wish to pursue a full course of study at an American institution; dependents of F-1 students (those who have an F-2 visa) are not allowed to enroll full-time at Barry University*.

If you are in a status in which you are not authorized to work (i.e. F-2), you may not be employed in any capacity until you receive notification from the USCIS that your status has been changed. This process can take two to three months.

If you would like to change from B- 1/B-2 status to F- I or J- 1, please be aware that this change is not often approved unless the B-1/B-2 visa bears the notation "prospective student." Also, petitioners may not attend classes until USCIS has approved status change.

*Dependents of certain visa holders are eligible to attend Barry University at full-time status. For more information, click here.

Oh oh ....

We are sorry but it appears that JavaScript is disabled on your browser.
Our site is very interactive and it requires JavaScript to be enabled.
Click on the link below for instructions on how to enable JavaScript on your browser.

Enable JavaScript on your browser