Child and Family Law Journal
The Child and Family Law Journal incorporates scholarly articles discussing all topics related to child and family law, including contributions by distinguished authors in legal and interdisciplinary fields. Child and family law addresses such legal matters as adoption, civil unions, marriages, divorces, prenuptial agreements, child custody, property settlements, juvenile adjudication, and much more.
The principal goals of the Journal are to publish research by legal scholars and to provide valuable educational experiences for the student members of the Journal. The Journal shall strive to publish articles that will be valuable research tools for students, attorneys, judges, and legal scholars. It is also a goal of the Journal to provide commentary on issues that will facilitate growth and development in the area of child and family law.
The Barry University School of Law’s Child and Family Journal considers articles, comments, and notes for publication from authors around the world.
The topics covered by the Journal surround the Ethics, Morality, and Values in child and family law. This includes, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Dependency and the Foster Care System
- Defense of Marriage Act
- Same-sex marriage and parental or spousal rights for same sex couples.
- Zero tolerance policies in schools
- Cyber-bullying and peer victimization laws
- The collaborative law method
- Child and family law issues for immigrant families
- Reproductive rights and assisted reproductive technology
- Child safety and parental legal responsibilities
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) youth in the juvenile system
- Administration of psychotropic drugs to children.
- Children and international law
- Alimony Reform
Authors may submit articles directly to Child and Family Law Journal by e-mail CFLJ@barry.edu, by mail to Editor-in-Chief, Child and Family Law Journal, Barry University School of Law, 6441 East Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL 32807-3673, or through the Berkeley Electronic Press at Expresso.