Step by Step

  1. Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at Federal Student Aid - FAFSA Application or use the myStudentAid app. Barry Law School Code — E00993. This is neither a loan, nor a loan application. It is a federal requirement for receiving federal student aid. See "Helpful Hints" regarding obtaining a federal pin number.
  2. If you want to borrow a Federal Direct Student Loan, you must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) with the Federal Direct Loan Program at Subsidized / Unsubsidized Master Promissory Note (MPN). “Log in to Start” using your FSA ID. Barry Law School Code — E00993.
  3. If you need funds in addition to your scholarship and Federal Direct Loans, complete a Federal Direct Graduate PLUS MPN at Graduate PLUS Master Promissory Note (MPN). “Log in to Start” using your FSA ID. Do not complete the Grad PLUS application; only complete the MPN. Be sure to select Barry University, Orlando—E00993.
  4. If you are borrowing a student loan, you must complete a Student Loan Entrance Counseling session at Entrance Counseling. “Log in to Start” using your FSA ID and complete Counseling.
  5. Once your file is complete, you will receive a Financial Aid Award Letter indicating the maximum amount you are eligible to receive. If you accept the loan awards as listed, you don't need to do anything else. If you want to decline or accept a lesser amount, you will need to complete the Barry Revised Student Loan Request Form that was enclosed with the award letter and return it to the Financial Aid Office within 15 days of the award letter date so the requested adjustments can be processed.
  6. Scholarship funds and loan funds will be credited to your student account. The excess beyond your tuition and books, if you charge your books to your financial aid, will be disbursed normally by the end of the second week of classes. PLEASE NOTE: Federal regulations require schools to obtain authorization from student to use Federal Student Aid to pay for charges other than tuition and required fees. In order for your federal student aid to be applied to your bookstore charges, complete the Federal Student Aid Authorization Form and submit it to the Office of Student Financial Services.