The Mathematics Laboratory located in Garner 107 provides assistance in mathematics to all students enrolled in Barry University. The goal of the Math Lab is to enhance students’ skills in mathematics and help them to become independent learners. During the tutorial session, the Math Lab tutors do not just provide answers on homework assignment, but rather teach the concepts, explain different solutions to the assignment, and work with students on similar problems. The Math Lab offers both walk-in sessions and the customized directed tutorials on various topics.
- One-to-one tutoring with professional tutors
- Computerized skills-building resources including Minitab, SPSS, PHStat
- Group tutoring sessions for MAT 090, MAT 091, and MAT 093
- On-line Assistance (firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Walk-in sessions for intermediate algebra, precalculus, calculus , and MAT 152
- Tutorial for General Knowledge Test (GKT)
- Workshops on the use of scientific calculators
- Tutorial for computer programming (CS 211, CS 212, CS 231, CS 372, CS 407, CS 438, CS 473)
- Directed tutorials for advanced math and physics courses
- Customized workshops for CHE 111 and CHE112 courses
- Review sessions related to pharmacological calculations for nursing students
- Handouts and online instructional resources
Math Lab Summer 2019 Hours of Operations:
|Monday, Wednesday, Friday||10 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
|Tuesday and Thursday||10 a.m. to 8 p.m.|
The Math Lab will be closed on May 27, June 7, June 28, and July 4.
Math Lab will be closed on July 5
For more information about the Math Lab, please contact Dr. Olena Drozd, Manager of the Glenn Hubert Learning Center, at 305-4578 or email@example.com. For appointments, please contact the Main Office of the Center of Academic Success and Advising (CASA) at 305-899-3678.