Lubomir P. Markov
Professor of Mathematics
Office: Garner Hall 204
- PH.D. and M.A in Mathematics, University of South Florida
- M.A. in Mathematics, Sofia University
- Preparatory Mathematics I, III (MAT 091, 095)
- Precalculus for Business (MAT 108)
- Precalculus I and II (MAT 109, 110)
- Calculus I, II, III (MAT 211, 212, 213)
- History and Philosophy of Science (MAT/PHY 240)
- Advanced Calculus I and II (MAT 310, 311)
- Differential Equations (MAT 314)
- Introduction to Complex Analysis (MAT 416)
- Probability Theory (MAT 451)
- Undergraduate Math Seminar (MAT 487)
- Classical analysis and theory of functions
- Number theory
- Geometry of Banach and Hilbert spaces
- Differential equations in abstract spaces
- Euclidean geometry
Membership In Professional Organizations
- American Mathematical Society
- Mathematical Association of America
- Union of Bulgarian Mathematicians
- Florida Academy of Sciences
- Pi Mu Epsilon Honorary Society for Mathematics
- L. Markov, Two short proofs of the formula Σ 1/(2n+1)^2= π^2/8, accepted; to appear in “The Mathematical Gazette”, The Mathematical Association (UK), March 2022
- L. Markov, Several results concerning the Barnes G-function, a cosecant integral, and some other special functions, accepted; to appear in “Studies in Computational Intelligence”, Springer Verlag, 2021
- L. Markov, A functional expansion and a new set of rapidly converging series involving zeta values, Stud. Comput. Intelligence 793 (2019), Springer Verlag, pp. 267-276.
- L. Markov, Some results involving Euler-type integrals and dilogarithm values, Stud. Comput. Intelligence 728 (2018), Springer Verlag, pp. 123-130.
- L. Markov, Revisiting the infinite surface area of Gabriel’s horn, Forum Geometricorum 18 (2018), pp. 45 – 46.
- L. Markov, Further results of mean-value type in C and R, Stud. Comput. Intelligence 681 (2017), Springer Verlag, pp. 127-133.
- Li Zhou and L. Markov, Recurrent proofs of the irrationality of certain trigonometric values, American Math. Monthly 117 (2010), pp. 360 – 362.
- L. Markov, Heronian triangles whose areas are integer multiples of their perimeters, Forum Geometricorum 7 (2007), pp. 114 – 121.
- L. Markov, Pythagorean triples and the problem A=mP for triangles, Math. Magazine 79 (2006), pp. 114 – 121.
- A.G. Kartsatos and L. Markov, An L2-approach to second-order nonlinear functional evolution involving m-accretive operators in Banach spaces, J. Diff. Int. Equations 14 (2001), pp. 833—866.
- M. Tanushev and L. Markov, Spiridon Ganev, in the book “Bulgarian Mathematicians”, Sofia, 1987, pp. 55 – 58.
- The Distinguished Teaching Award of the Mathematical Association of America for the State of Florida, 2006