Barry University has commissioned internationally-renowned composer Michael Torke to orchestrate a work, inspired entirely by Miami, for 10 grand pianos on a single stage in ‘orchestra’ concert.
The World Premiere of MIAMI GRANDS! will include rhythmically-powerful movements themed around well-known Miami areas/pastimes; movements include The Everglades, South Beach, Mojitos & Stilletos, Star Island and Coconut Grove among others. Eight highly regarded, Miami-based professional pianists and a Dranoff International 2 Piano Competition winning duo will perform the original work on the Broad Center stage on Barry’s Miami Shores campus. Original images by local photographers depicting Miami from unique perspectives will be projected onto the large screen behind the 10 pianists.MIAMI GRANDS' customized lighting design and special effects will offer its audiences a spectacular ‘show’ experience rather than that of a typical piano concert setting.
MIAMI GRANDS! will be the third concert in the extraordinarily popular Ten Grands Series presented by Barry University. The Series draws the largest attendance of any concert in Barry’s history.
- VIP Opening Reception with Conductor Michael Torke, Andy Gato Gallery
- General Admission Reception, Broad Center Foyer
- Concert, Shepard and Ruth K. Broad Center for the Performing Arts
Single tickets to MIAMI GRANDS! are being offered at two levels:
$100 Grand Seating
- Includes reserved seating in the first five rows of the auditorium AND an invitation to the Pre-Performance VIP Reception hosted by MIAMI GRANDS' composer and conductor in the Gato Gallery
$20 Preferred Seating
- Includes general seating and admission to the Pre-Performance Reception in the Broad Center Foyer
Or, you may wish to purchase a sponsorship/underwriting package which includes multiple tickets, as well as additional recognition and benefits.
With the support of the Miami-Dade County Tourist Development Council, the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs and the Cultural Affairs Council, the Miami-Dade County Mayor and Board of County Commissioners.